Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Of Flowers & Vampires

Tanya Erin Paoli by Batmobile at Monstermania in Cherry Hill.

     I met Tanya Erin Paoli several summers ago at a Monstermania convention in Cherry Hill, New Jersey.  It was our first in the flesh meeting, although we both are in an upcoming film from Trinka Five Films by director Kat Lehmer called Mortal.  I'm a bit vampire, she's a star in it playing Ava. 

     Paoli described Ava as "Very mysterious.  She is ever changing and timeless.  Ava is a sad story.  She can be cold, and yet caring.  Her dreamy presence mesmerizes, or seems to heavily impact whoever she encounters.  She is so deep and full of wisdom, but can be quite elusive."  Her enthusiasm for the film continues.  "My favorite role so far would be Mortal.  Kat is a dream to work with, and I hungrily anticipate the premiere of this movie.  Like a fine wine it ages to perfection, and when the time comes.. I feel it will be the project I've worked on that I am most satisfied with, because I had so much fun making this film with her, and the wonderful crew."

     But the actress is not content to rest on her vampire laurels in the arena of horror cinema.  A more recent acting challenge was to appear in director Phil Stevens independent horror film - Flowers. 
    
     "I am Flowers girl # 4. I am someone who died in this killer's house who basically is trapped in purgatory," Paoli commented.  "We don't have names. I believe Phil was trying to get us all to be nameless and just  emote which is why there are no words in this film.  It is all pure acting."

     Outside of acting, Paoli has numerous interests of which her enthusiasm for crystals are at the forefront.  "When I was a little girl people always gave me crystals.  My father, grandmothers, grandfather, random people, friends.  Crystals have always just been something I've been not only fascinated with because they are beautiful, but because they carry the vibration from the womb of the earth.  I enjoy collecting them, selling them, trading them, researching their metaphysical healing properties, and doing crystal healings with myself and basically everyone I know!  Crystals, rocks, and minerals are our friends.  In this new age of technology I feel we are all allowing ourselves to be cut off from Nature and this is one way to stay connected to the vibration of the earth always.  There are so many uses it is endless, and I could talk for days about them.... I actually went to Burning Man last year and worked with crystals with people and I must say it was one of the high points of my life.  I'm very honored that my spiritual sister Anastasia from Flowers was with me under the same tent doing her healing work with people as well.  It was such a profound beautiful experience that I wouldn't take back for anything." 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment